“The continuous evolution of the technology has opened unimaginable opportunities and challenges in today’s scenario. We believe that emerging technologies will transform the traditional way of education & lifestyle of people and lead to new possibilities in the future world. Computer Science will play the key role in the development of emerging technologies. The students can choose their career path in Computer Science. They can educate & train themselves to cope up with the latest trends in technology by adopting Computer Science as career path.”
The mission & vision of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering and Information Technology (CSE-IT) Monad University is to make every effort for achieving excellence in computer science disciplines. The dept. follows a well proven pedagogy of sharing knowledge & education. The Dept. has highly qualified and competent PhD. & M.Tech faculty members. The focus of the Dept. is to educate the learners with the requirement of current industry needs. The dept. regularly conducts Seminars, Workshops by industry experts to cope with the latest trends in technology. The dept. makes use to latest tools & techniques for efficient delivery of education to the students. The dept. provides high standard computing facilities to the students. The dept. offers Polytechnic diploma, undergraduate (B. Tech)-CS/IT, postgraduate (M. Tech)-CS/IT and Research programme (PhD) in the campus.
To facilitate transformation of students into good human beings, responsible citizens and competent professionals, focusing on assimilation, generation and dissemination of knowledge.
1. Impart quality education to meet the needs of profession and society, and achieve excellence in teaching-learning and research. 2. Attract and develop talented and committed human resource, and provide an environment conducive to innovation, creativity, team-spirit and entrepreneurial leadership. 3. Facilitate effective interactions among faculty and students, and faster networking with alumni, industries, institutions and other stoke-holders. Practice and promote high standards of professional ethics, transparency and accountability.
Booming IT sector in India has plenty of jobs for fresh computer science graduates. Candidates from top notch engineering colleges however get attractive job offers from MNC IT companies in comparison to not so known engineering colleges. Additionally, candidates with high percentage of mark and good communication skills as well as sound computer knowledge do not face problem in getting a job whether they are from a reputed engineering college or not. Computer engineers can get jobs in non-IT companies like universities, research, private and public industries, government departments, business organizations, commercial organizations and the manufacturing sector, etc.
Besides the Computer Engineers have plenty of options to work in IT companies in departments such as design, development, assembly, manufacture and maintenance, etc. Working as programmer, web developer, and E- commerce specialist with telecommunications companies, automotive companies, aerospace companies, etc. can be a lucrative career option as well. Moreover, numerous national and multi-national computer manufacturing companies, computer hardware system design and development companies, computer networking companies, software development companies, etc. require computer professionals in large numbers.
• Software Developers: Software developers are professionals who are concerned with facets of the software development process which involves activities such as design and coding, computer programming, project management, etc.
• Hardware Engineers: These professionals do research, design, develop, test, and oversee the installation of computer hardware which inter alia includes computer chips, circuit boards, systems, modems, keyboards, and printers.
• System Designer: Professionals involved in system designing, Logical & Physical Designing wherein logical designing can be enumerated as the structure & characteristics such as output, input, files, database & procedures, etc.
• System Analyst: Computer engineers who work as systems analyst do research about the existing problems and plan solutions for the problem. They also recommend software and system related problems and coordinate development between business development teams.
• Networking Engineers: Networking engineers are computer professionals involved in designing, implementation, and troubleshooting of computer networks.
• DBA: DBA or Database Administrator is the professionals who are bestowed with the job to design, implement, maintain, and repair an organization's database. Inter alia DBA professionals are also known as Database Coordinator or Database Programmer in IT sector.
• International Business Machines Corporation
• Toshiba Corporation
• Dell Inc
• NEC Corporation
• Canon Inc
• Apple Inc
• ASUSTEK Computer Inc
• Acer Inc
• Lenovo Group Limited
• Sun Microsystem
|Course Name||Duration||Eligibility Criteria|
|Diploma(CS/IT)||3 Years||10th with PCM/Lateral entry after 12th|
|B.Tech(CS/IT)||4 Years||12th with PCM/Lateral entry after Diploma/B.Sc(CS/IT)|